Petru Severin, contemporary painter
Initially, the plastic matter was considered a substitute for the natural matter, completely subjected to the man's will. In time she has obtained an autonomy of existence, provoking our creativity.
Painting is romantic by definition. Hence my special interest for the archaic buildings in the old town of Chisinau, for the reflexes on the gladioli, sunflower and roses petals. Following their planes that disappear with the distance and the shadows that dip, I plunged into the structural environment of the shapes together with these reflexes and shadows and I united the mass of the universe with my lyrical emotion.
- 1947 Birth in Straseni, The Republic of Moldavia
- 1967 The republican college of plastic arts I.Repin
- 1976 The Academy of Plastic Arts T.Zalkaln, Riga, Latvia
Since 1981 he teaches as professor at the State Pedagogic University Ion Creanga from Chisinau, Moldavia.
- 1973 He makes his debut at the spring show rooms from Riga, Latvia
- 1973-2006 He participates in the majority of exhibitions organized by the Ministry of Culture and The Union of Plastic Artists from Moldavia
- 2005 Personal exhibition in February at the Center for Exhibitions C. Brâncusi of the The Union of Plastic Artists in Chisinau
- 2005 Personal exhibition in October at the Center for Exhibitions C. Brâncusi of the The Union of Plastic Artists in Chisinau